Archil Kikodze (1972)
- Born in 1972 started writing at the age of 21.
- He works for several literary and non-literary magazines.
- His essays and novels are regularly published in popular magazines Literaturuli Palitra and Hot Chocolate.
- Kikodze won Literary Prize GALA for a book of short stories Calmly.
- His collected Essays (2012) and short stories The Story of a Bird and a Man (2013) later receiving SABA Award as the best prose collection of the year were both published by Siesta Publishing House.
- Kikodze is also a professional photographer. He has taken part in national and international photo exhibitions and has won many awards.
- Furthermore, he has published articles on environmental, ethnographic and social issues.
- He is the author of three guidebooks on science tourism, which is developing quickly in Georgia and Switzerland.
- Archil Kikodze is co-author of the documentary film Spring in Javakheti (winner of the Niamori Festival Prize in 2004).
- He wrote the script for the film Tbilisi, I Love You. Archil Kikodze plays a leading role in the film Blind Dates (2013), which has won several prizes at international film festivals.
Literary prizes and awards
- IliaUni Literary prize 2017 in category the best novel for Southern Elephant
- Literary prize LITERA 2017 in the category The Best Novel of the Year for for Southern Elephant
- Literary award SABA 2014 in category the best short story collection for the Story of a Bird and a Man
- Literary prize GALA 2008 in category the best book for Calmly
- Tbilisi International Book Fair prize 2003 in category the best debut for Deer and Lemonade
- Southern Elephant, Sulakauri Publishing, 2016
- The Story of a Bird and a Man, Siesta Publishing House, 2013
- Essays, Siesta Publishing House, 2012
- A Parcel, Palitra L Publishing, 2011
- Calmly, Saari Publishing, 2008
- Village Country, Saari Publishing, 2004
- Deer and Lemonade, Saari Publishing, 2002